Top 5 Business Ideas in the Tech Industry
Whether you are a long-term business enthusiast working for others or a budding entrepreneur wanting to start a new business this year, the possibilities are endless. But some ideas areas are definitely better than others. At the end of the day, you will go with what you are passionate about and what you need to sacrifice for your peace of mind. The tech industry is booming and there are many new opportunities around
When living in a big city, you can surely earn a huge salary. But ask yourself these questions: How much do you like the company you work for? What does your happiness index look like? Do you like the people you work with? How long is your commute? Also think about the access to healthcare, the cost-of-living, and the list goes on.
There is a saying “money doesn’t buy happiness.” Therefore, it’s safe to say that it isn’t always about how much money you make. Sometimes, you need to think about a higher quality of life and having more freedom. Your productivity at the workplace will also depend on how happy you are. If you are going through a rough time at work or other issues and you are clearly unhappy, then you need to start thinking about switching careers or transfer to a better working environment.
If you want to try venturing into the tech industry and starting up, think of running a location-independent business. Below, you will find 5 great business suggestions. If you are really interested in the digital nomad lifestyle, these suggestions will pique your interest. Be that as it may, you will still have to go through the legal process of setting up your business, registering with the government and looking at legal requirements and setting up bank accounts. Don’t forget to request the assistance of a business coach if you are new to the business world and not sure about the startup processes, to avoid making mistakes from the beginning. Know the importance of investment in a solid business foundation from the get-go and minimise problems in the future. Regardless of where you came from, these are just some of the terrific business ideas today and listed in no particular order.
- Video Production – Video marketing has become dramatically popular in all types of businesses. If you know the ins and outs of the technology behind video editing, then this may be a good business to get in to. The process of taking raw video footage and creating it so it will become a video that flows allows you to see the fruit of all your hard work.
- Website Flipping – You want some fast cash? Give website flipping a try! What you do is buy-and-sell websites on existing platforms. There is some research that must be carried out, but definitely, there’s also an art to this. Once you get the hang of it, it’s straightforward and easy way to earn money. You can find several sites on the internet dedicated to this. You can either sell complete websites or auction off domains. The former will allow you to earn money and enables you to utilise a platform like FreeMarket.com or Flippa.com to buy-and-sell domains as well as full-blown websites.
- Smart Device Repair – Devices such as tablets and smartphones are ubiquitous in this day and age. Wherever you go, everyone uses them – even children! People have been so dependent on these gadgets. They are used to play games, conduct commerce, communicate, and surf the internet. But what happens when they stop working and go into a state of disrepair? These people will need someone to fix their beloved gadgets. You can turn repairing smart devices into a thriving business no matter which part of the world you’re in. You can obtain parts and instructional kits from companies like iFixIt. This company is the most significant educational and parts resources on the internet. Once you ace repairing broken devices, you’ll fix dead batteries, water-damaged phones, and cracked screens in minutes.
- SEO and Web Development – When you have a company that offers SEO and web development services, you can possibly make an impressive amount of money wherever you go. These two powerhouses are massive today. Web development and SEO can sound intimidating to the average person because there are several variables at play. People are hesitant to do SEO on their own for fear of making a mistake since there are over 200 algorithm ranking factors. If you have familiarised yourself in either one or better yet both, you can provide your services to clients who will pay a hefty amount, or you can also create your niche sites which have affiliate links for passive income. Web development is a lucrative business where you can offer design and strategy consultations as well as strategic business advice in increasing the visibility of a website.
- Social Media Management – Almost everyone in the world has a social media account. Some even have multiple accounts. Many businesses have social media accounts, but they don’t have time to manage their pages themselves. But since this is one of the essential parts of marketing, they will need to have someone focus on social media management. They are willing to spend big money on this. If you know how to drive leads and sales through social media, then your number of clients will surely skyrocket. What you can do is research and check different power users and social media influencers to find out the best strategies. Offering a myriad of social media services is a one-stop solution for business owners who want convenience and a significant social presence.